This is all about augmentations of human energy with electric power for cycling
as the most sustainable form of human transportations

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trike is assembled

After long waiting, this week saw some activity connected with the trike and my forthcoming trip. The trike was delivered on Thursday 17th June and UPS took a month to bring it over from factory in UK to my home. It was kept in Hyderabad for twenty days for no logical explanations. Anyway I am happy that it is here and there was no damage while on transit.

From the beginning itself I tried to work methodologically on assembly with little scope for backtracking. Since the trike and motor came from different sources from different corners of the world, I had to work on delicate matching several components.

I planned to instal pedaling sensor before fitting boom to the trike but the new design did not allow any space to mount it. So decided to use throttle and discard the original idea. I did not know then if circuit design had absolutely required pedal sensor but I decided to take a chance.

Finally the trike assembly was completed on Sunday and my younger son Sunil was test pilot and I was observing if everything was working well. Luckily it was a sunny day and both boys and myself could enjoy the trike riding in our front yard most part of day.