This is all about augmentations of human energy with electric power for cycling
as the most sustainable form of human transportations

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Came back from ride dripping wet

Wednesday 30 June 2010


I started at 845 AM anticipating impending rain. Luckily I was able to go about 48 km without problems. There was heavy rain much later, while coming back near kalladka and I had to sit in the trike holding umbrella.

Going fast downhill on concrete road is not really pleasure. It feels like on train where changing rails makes similar notes. Here bump is more pronounced. On the adjacent tar road, I was able to hit maximum of 46 kmph. This is maximum recorded so far. This was my second trip on that area and so I was more liberal in letting go of brakes.

Holding handle while going downhill imitates cycle handle. The vibration gets transmitted to our hands.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=685013

Last part of the road was extremely bad and I had to pedal with wet shoe in slight drizzle.

This photo was taken today of trike on banks of Nethravathy river which I marked in above map as Waypoint.

64.6 km total consuming 14.9 Ah and 551 Wh. 8.5 Wh/ km is little high because of combination of bad road and riding in rain.

I could not ride in the afternoon as I had a appointment to keep at Puttur.

Now I am having confidence that I can do 100 plus anyday.